Introduction to R for Data Manipulation and Analysis
This code was prepared for presentation at Georgia State University on October 6, 2017. It provides a brief introduction to R as a programming language and its main data formats. It then details how to use dplyr for more advanced manipulation, applied to replication data from Gary Jacobson. Finally, I provide a brief introduction to ggplot2 for visualization.
- R Cheatsheets: https://www.rstudio.com/resources/cheatsheets/ (the Data Transformation cheat sheet is particularly useful)
- Beginner tutorial 1: https://www.datacamp.com/courses/free-introduction-to-r
- Beginner tutorial 2: http://tryr.codeschool.com/
- R for Data Science (entire e-book): http://r4ds.had.co.nz/index.html
- R Graphics Cookbook (e-book): http://www.cookbook-r.com/Graphs/